Monday, March 23, 2020

Dear Seniors,

Dear Seniors,


It is with a heavy heart that I send this message. As I heard the news that school closed for the rest of the year, my thoughts immediately turned to you. I know that you are processing today’s news as well, but I want you to know that I think the world of you. I got so lucky to have met you. I can’t help but think how in all the turnings of life we got matched up. Prior to this year, I had only taught Freshman and Creative Writing, so some of us had already gotten to know each other in those classes. This year, I thought it would be cool to teach Seniors as well - help with Capstone, see you all dressed up at prom, hugs at graduation. My request was granted, and I find it unfathomable that if that had not happened I never would have met, or gotten to know better, some of you. With my good fortune of meeting you stated, I am not writing this as a goodbye, but as a see you soon. I plan to be your teacher forever if you will have me. I don’t know what this next phase of our teacher-student relationship will look like, but I hope that you will go all-in with me. I am going to work as hard as I can to make our remaining time together meaningful, fun and engaging as I can, and I hope that you will come along with me.


Much Love,


Paul Koch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...