Thursday, November 5, 2015

Meeting My Idols By: Sameer Sawhney



Block: 4

Meeting My Idols

I have been obsessed with basketball since day one.  One of the most memorable nights of my life was the day when I met the Cleveland Cavaliers team.

It was about two years ago I went to the Verizon Center to watch the Cavs take on the Wizards.  My brother, a diehard Cavs fan, started a conversation with a security guard.  The security guard told my brother that Cavs fans were not very common in DC.  He then gave my brother backstage passes to meet the players.

After the game, we went to the bus boarding area.  We were waiting for about 45 minutes, then the staff came.  After that, the coaches that we see on TV were coming out of the tunnel.  I was already having trouble containing myself but then came the players.

Professional players, people who I look up to were walking by us to board their bus.  They were very friendly.  Matthew Dellavadova had a fifteen minute conversation with the people next to us.  We got a picture with him.  Then Anderson Varejao, my brother’s favorite player, came.  He was very nice and also took a picture with us.  After that came NBA All Star, Kyrie Irving!  I couldn’t believe it.  This was one of the best nights of my life.

I did not want to leave but the players were already on their bus and were about to leave.  We left and all I could think about was that night.  I was excited go home and brag to my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...