Sunday, May 17, 2015

Anatomy

We are human, not machines.  We are not perfect, and we are far from being a complete disaster. This is all written in our code, our anatomy.


Anatomy

I’m diverse,
Like the written verse,
In a world where everything seems rehearsed.
I’m a flame,
That no one can tame,
But sometimes the burning is inhumane.

I’m human,
It’s what I do,
I fall and rise with the chosen few.
It’s coded,
Within me,
It’s all entangled with my anatomy.

I’m a sharp edge,
But I made the pledge,
To only kill when my anger’s tipped off the ledge.
I’m tranquility,
A garden of harmony,
But sometimes my opposite gets the best of me.

I’m human,
It’s what I do,
I fall and rise with the chosen few.
It’s coded,
Within me,
It’s all entangled with my anatomy.

Not machines,
With parts too clean,
And no minds with the imagination to dream.
We are alive,
With an endless drive,
To find our wings and take to the sky.

We're human,
It’s what we do,
We fall and rise with the chosen few.
We’re all alike,
In an endless fight,
To determine what we call wrong and right.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very smart and wise thing for someone to say.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...