Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Phone Found in Rainy May

The Phone Found in Rainy May

By Calvin Ya-Lu

I knew a man who could breathe fire
And turn water into blood
He could strip metal into wire
And pull gold lumps from the mud

When I asked him how, he said with a hiss
“I learned it from the abyss”

He explained to me his strange way
The way he found in rainy may
A public phone
That stands alone
At the end of the street named “Worth”
A spot that is not of this earth

He needed to make a call
His car had crashed into a wall
But instead of a tone
He heard a haunting moan

The moan then changed to voices
They offered many choices
“I’ll tear out your eyes”
“We’ll teach you to dance”
The man was in a trance

He hung up the phone and was left concerned
But then just realized, that he had learned
The voices gave him powers
And nightmares lasting for hours
He wakes in cold sweat
And drinks to forget

You may seek it if you must
But put into me your trust
When I say “stay far away”
Or it will take you away
Let your sanity stay another day
Avoid the phone he found in rainy may




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...