Friday, January 20, 2017



Fixing America By Aryan Deorah






When I was little,


I was told that this country was perfect,


I was taught that this is the greatest nation,


I had read everyone was free, everyone had the same rights,


But was this all true?





I went to school and they said my religion was stupid,


I got on the bus, and they called my friends terrorists,


I turned on the news, and there was another police killing,


I saw videos, they showed people spitting on children because of their origin,


I talked to my friends, and all they mentioned was a man who supports all of these things.





Is this country really as great as I was told,


It is up to our generation to fix these problems,


to heal the wounds,


to accept others,





and to cement this nation as the greatest that has ever existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...