Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Final Countdown
By: Alex Miller
Block: 5th
Date: 4/7/16
Why am I here?
If I wasn’t, who would shed a single tear?
Who is the real me?
The real me is farther than the eye can ever see.
I’m too far gone.
I have no more hope.
No one knows what’s going on.
My life is dangling at the end of a rope.
9....8..7.
What have I done to deserve this torture?
The tree of life is losing one of it’s branches.
I don’t think I can hold on any longer than I already have.
I can almost hear that branch snapping.
There is no going back.
I hear the clocks tick-tocking.
My heart is stopping.
My heart beat is dropping.
6…..5....4.
I can feel my pulse slowing down to nothing.
My eyes are falling to the darkness.
I feel the trickling of something cold and wet running down my wrists.
It could be my tears.
I’ll never know.
My time is running out.
My life is like the snow.
Cold, dark, lonely, but coming to an end.
3….2...1..beeeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Socratic Seminar - Community/Justice

Why do we feel the need to belong?  How do we maintain our individual identities and be part of a community? What are the benefits and draw...